Playing Amateur Cricket COVID -19 Coronavirus Precautions
(Updated 14th July 2020 )
1) No spit (or sweat really ) to be used on the ball.
2) One ball to be used per innings (if agreed by captains)
This is to keep contacts with ball between that
fielding team only
3) Umpires to be face covered and gloved (optional)
Umpires will need face coverings to avoid
contact with bowlers and batsmen
and gloves to keep stumps clean and
3a) Stumps to be installed (with sanitised hands) and only fixed by umpires during game After stumps are removed at end of game , hands should be sanitised again.
4) No shaking of hands before during and after games. Virtual
high fives or elbows please.
5) No celebrating of wickets with high fives. Virtual high
fives please from a distance !
6) When entering or leaving pitch hands should be sanitised
except those wearing gloves
7) Fielding practice should use the team’s own ball
8) batsmen can back up and slightly run off the pitch to
avoid keeper/umpire and each other
may need batting crease extending for this 2m. see
9) Players should socially distance before during and after
match and wear face coverings if preferred
10) teams should bring enough multiple bottles of hand
sanitiser for team-mates
on border line to encourage use when leaving entering field
between car park and benches to encourage use when starting and leaving game
11) No sharing of kit
12) no lending of coins for toss13) Scorers to use own paper / pencils unless sanitising before and after use14) Do not relay ball between keeper and bowler. ( Tricky though) 15) Umpires not to touch ball at any time.
16) Do not give glasses / hats / umpires to umpires or other players
17) Try to dissuade public from touching the ball !